With just days left until the start of the 2016 season, Burgham International (1) in Northumberland is preparing to kick off the series of events contributing to the 2016 Fairfax Britannia League.
Developed by longstanding BE supporter and Event Horse Owner Nigella Hall, along with British Eventing, the league uses the BE points system from CCI3* and CIC3* level events in the UK as well as at FEI Nations Cup fixtures. The league is now generously sponsored by Fairfax Saddles and aims to reward the next tier of up-and-coming British riders who have not started competition for their country at a senior FEI European Championships, World Equestrian Games or Olympic Games.
2015 saw Dani Evans securing top honours with Mrs Luana Edge's Smart Time under the leagues new title sponsor Fairfax, taking home a brand new Fairfax saddle of her choice, the generous £5000 rider bursary fund and a beautiful bronze trophy for the owner of the Smart Time, kindly donated by Nigella Hall.
Dani not only won the 2015 League but also took third place with Vanessa Watson's Raphael II, with Flora Harris and Caroline Harris and Rebecca Salt’s Bayano claiming second. Dani commented “It's wonderful to have something to aim for that recognises the strength of up and coming British riders.”
This season Fairfax and Nigella Hall continue their support through the rider bursary and bronze trophy, along with a £3000 prize going to second place and £1000 to third. Fairfax also provide a Fairfax Saddle and Performance Girth of the winning rider's choice and a Fairfax Performance Girth to the second and third placed riders in the League.
The following CIC3* and CCI3* fixtures in Great Britain are qualifying events for the Britannia League in 2016:
- 25th – 27th March, The Owen Pugh Burgham International (1), Northumberland
- 1st – 3rd April, Barefoot Estates Burnham Market International (1), Norfolk
- 16th – 17th April, Belton Park International, Lincolnshire
- 14th – 15th May, The Dodson & Horrell Chatsworth International, Derbyshire
- 9th – 12th June, Equi-Trek Bramham International, Yorkshire
- 17th – 19th June, Gillespie Macandrew Hopetoun International, East Lothian
- 7th – 10th July, The St. James’s Place Wealth Management Barbury International, Wiltshire
- 29th – 30th July, The Owen Pugh Burgham International (2), Northumberland
- 11th – 14th August, NAF Five Star Hartpury International, Gloucestershire
- 25th – 28th August, Blair Castle, Perthshire
- 8th – 11th September, Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire
For a list of FEI Nations Cup event please visit the FEI website HERE.
Find more information, including where to keep up with latest league standings in 2016 HERE.
via British Eventing | NEWS http://ift.tt/1Rsfl6E